Guest Post by: David Barker
For many, a thick and healthy beard is a peak measure of a person’s masculinity. This is why beards are a cause of much jealousy, especially among people who have a hard time trying to grow facial hair. However, the one question that always gets floated around is, ‘how can I make my beard grow faster?’
4 Proven Ways to Make Your Beard Grow Faster
The beard journey is just like any other life journey. In my experience, growing a beard in one way or another is bound to make you a little impatient. You may have started the journey believing that four weeks down the line you are going to have a full-blown beard but it seems not to be the case. You only realize that things are not turning out as well as you might have imagined.
Since growing a beard faster is a journey, there are a few important things that you can do to encourage the growth of your facial hair at a faster rate. I can’t devise a perfect beard-growing recipe to get your beard to the Khal Drogo level, but there are certainly some simple tips and steps you can incorporate into your daily routine. These steps will go a long way in helping your beard grow faster.
1. Commit to growing your beard
So, it’s Monday morning, you have just realized that you are almost behind the clock. What do you do? You opt to hurriedly give yourself a clean shave because you want things done faster and you are well on your way. You convince yourself that you look pretty good after all.
A few days into the week and your facial hairs starting sprouting again. This time you choose to go with a stubble. By the end of the week, you realize that you are actually growing some beard but you are not sure about keeping it. This is the time to cross the bridge and commit to it. It might be the most challenging time of the journey. In my case, getting past the initial hump was quite easy. The first four-week hump is going to be challenging, but you will get through it.
2. Introduce foods that will bolster your beard growth into your diet
There is a very strong correlation between body health and beard health. Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet will not only work well for your body health but your beard health too. You get to reap incredible benefits. Therefore, a well-balanced diet is one of the best ways to give your facial hair a better chance of blooming. Here are some common foods that are instrumental in promoting the growth of a healthy beard:
- Oysters: It is an incredible source of zinc, which is an important mineral for helping cells responsible for building hairs grow. Furthermore, they are also an amazing source of protein.
- Sweet potatoes: These are rich in Beta-carotene. They are crucial for aiding in beard cell growth. The body converts the beta-carotene into Vitamin A, which leads to more cell growth within the beard region.
- Liver: The organ is very rich in biotin, iron, and proteins, all of which are very crucial in boosting beard growth.
- Eggs: If you want a serious bang of proteins, then eggs are a good source of those. They are also a rich source of biotin. Biotin strengthens hair while acting as a supplement for promoting beard growth. Eggs are also a great source of iron, zinc, and calcium.
3. Make some lifestyle changes
Much like switching up your diet, lifestyle changes also contribute to a healthy lifestyle. This, in turn, also leads to faster growth of a healthy beard. These are some of the simple lifestyle changes you can consider making for the sake of growing that beautiful beard:
- Sleeping well: Sleep is often a remedy for several things in a person’s life. When you sleep well, your body has an easy time repairing the damaged skill cells and eventually promoting beard growth.
- Exercise more and reduce stress: The more you are relaxed, the more you beard grows. One of the best methods of relaxation is exercising at least once a day. You can go for walks, hit the gym or attend a yoga class in your area.
- Get rid of some vices: I know this may not be exactly easy, but the results would be worth it. Try reducing the amount of alcohol you consume in a week and drink more water. You can also try and substitute those smokes with a fruit.
4. Use beard care products
For your beard to grow to a full-blown beard, it will take you up to 9 months. This is a labor of love. Therefore, you have to understand that you will experience trials and tribulations. To get through these tribulations, there are beard care products you can use to ensure that you grow your beard fast.
- Beard balms: Beard balms contain ingredients that are designed to deal with itchiness, swelling, and redness among other beard related issues. Using balms routinely can go a long way in stopping the flare-up of such issues and at the same time nourishing your beard.
- Beard oils: If your beard is in the post-2 week phase, you can use beard oils to soften them while reducing any cases itching. It is also a good way to naturally restore your beard’s moisture.
- Beard and scruff creams: If you experience some scruff after 2 weeks of growth, you can try using some scruff cream to help you soothe the beard dryness and itch. It will keep your beard looking healthy, bright, and smelling its best.
Growing a beard can easily be a simple thing. All you need to do is let it grow, always keep it clean, live a healthy lifestyle, and use the best beard products. It is best to avoid any silver bullet regimen for growing a beard fast because it doesn’t always end up great.
About the Author
David Barker is the founder of Grooming Corp, a male grooming and self-care site. He founded the site to provide easy grooming techniques and products to help men improve their lifestyles and achieve the kind of confidence that he did through personal care. The techniques and products he features are all derived from his experience practicing different self-care techniques on himself for the last 7 years.